Child Trauma Therapy
The Child Trauma Therapy Program, was designed to bridge the gap for children who can’t get services due to lack of insurance, transportation, or inability to find a therapist. Child Trauma Therapy is for children who have been victims of crime-related trauma or any other traumatic events.
Child Trauma Therapy Services
Counseling is provided in our office or by telehealth.
We use talk, play, sand and art therapy.
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Therapeutic Activities
- Victim Witness Program
- Help with filing forms
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Child Advocacy
Child Trauma Therapy Qualifying Criteria
This program is for children, under the age of 18, who have been a victim of any of the following crimes or situations:
- Cyber or Physical
- Child Abduction
- Child Pornography
- DUI/DWI Incident
- Emotional Abuse
- Hate Crime: racial/religious/gender/sexual orientation
- Human Trafficking: sex labor
- Parental Substance Abuse
- Physical Abuse or Neglect
- Sexual Abuse
- Survivors of Homicide Victim(s)
- Teen Dating Victimization
- Sexting or Sexual Assault
- Violation of Court Order
- Witnessed Domestic Violence
- Witnessed Teen Domestic Violence
Where are the services provided?
The Child Trauma Therapy program at Lassen Family Services includes individual counseling (assessment and treatment) for the child, which is provided at the agency’s main office located at 1306 Riverside Drive, Susanville, CA 96130