About Lassen Family Services, Inc.
Lassen Family Services, Inc. is committed to ending abuse in our community through Prevention, Healing, Advocacy, Safety and Education, compassionate intervention, and effective partnerships with local community and social service agencies that will support the participant’s journey to empowerment.
Lassen Family Services was founded in 1979 as a grassroots effort to provide prevention and intervention services to victims of violence in Lassen County. While the initial focus was on Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Rape Crisis, the scope of services has expanded to provide the following:
- Emergency Shelter and 24-Hour Crisis Line
- Peer Counseling
- Law Enforcement and Hospital Accompaniment
- Restraining Order Assistance and Court Accompaniment
- Child Trauma Therapy (CTT) Program
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Program
- Parent Education, Parent Partner, and Prevention Education Programs
- Clothing, Emergency and Non-Emergency Transportation, and Community Resource and Referrals
Employees and volunteers working with domestic violence and/or sexual assault survivors are required to complete 74.5-hours of crisis intervention training which includes the mandated Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Counselor Certification.